We’re looking for a hardworking, competent locksmith with experience in carpentry for an exciting new role at Franchi PLC based out of our Holloway Road location in London. The job is a full-time position with normal working hours set at 46.75 weekly.
The successful job incumbent will be mechanically minded, IT literate, have a good level of basic mathematical understanding, be IT literate, have good communication skills, high attention to detail, have the ability to work both independently and within team, be reliable and punctual and have a good knowledge of security products.
The pay range we are offering is £30,000 - £36,000 annually dependant on experience and/or qualifications.
The successful job incumbent will be given a company laptop, mobile phone and have access to a work vehicle to perform job duties. The job will require travel around primarily London, extending where appropriate to surrounding counties, the ability to lift up to 25kg and manual dexterity.
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Company provided funding for approved certification and educational courses in order to advance career goals
· Staff Discount on all of our retail products
· Company sponsored training schemes
· Locksmith experience (3 years’ experience preferred but not essential)
· Carpentry/woodwork to a high competency
· Sales background is considered an asset
· Minimum GCSE/”O” Level Maths and English
· Certification or completion of locksmith courses considered an asset
· Post-secondary carpentry courses are also considered an asset
· DBS check required
· UK Driver’s license
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
· Attend customer premises to carry out works
· Survey work and advise on best products for customer’s needs
· Liaise with customers and carry out tasks as instructed/suggested on site, including but not limited to:
o Fit-open-replace door and window locks
o Fit safes, security grilles and door closers
o Fit new doors
o Door frame repairs
· Complete all necessary documents as required for the work carried out such as quotes and sales orders
· Collect payment from the client for the works carried out following company procedures
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, whilst maintaining the highest level of professional conduct
· Liaise with other departments within the company as required in order to carry out your responsibilities – examples may be for upselling or any key-cutting requirements paired with lock-fitting
· To be familiar with and to follow the company operating procedures wherever relevant to your responsibilities
· To make suggestions on improving the procedures of the company, particularly as it affects the Locksmith Department
· To assist with maintaining the company’s policy on quality
· To work in a safe and efficient manner with minimum supervision but to refer to a Manager or Director when their assistance or guidance will promote improved customer service
· To be respectful of your working environment and the tools provided by the company to perform your duties